I decided to explore Mint on this activity. Mint is a free online money management service that gives a person insight into their financial world. It helps keep budgets, track investments, as well as send alerts when there is unusual activity or when an account is low. I think this is such a great idea because so many individuals look only at the amount of money in their bank accounts not at what they are spending their money on. I really like the feature with budgeting. A user can set up a category with the amount of money to be in that category per month. Mint will track that category based on all your purchases. Also, you can separate different purchases from one transaction. For example, if a person makes a purchase at Target that included groceries, clothing, and a TV, he/she can then separate those items out into their designated category.
Personally, I was wanting to find a system that did this for me since I have been doing this on an Excel sheet. This tracks it for me since I can link my accounts right to it. Not to mention it can keep track of my investments as well. The program is free, and they have mobile apps for smart phones, also. I am signing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment