I really enjoyed the 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners. There are some great points that were made to thinking outside of the box when it comes to learning and education. I believe these habits help us to find the intrinsic value in educating ourselves in areas that we might find to be challenging.
This brings me to the habit which I find to be the easiest which is viewing problems as challenges. I think it is so important to find the positive in all aspects of life because there is always something to be learned. A person may not discover what they wanted or liked but they definitely have a better understanding of what they dislike or do not want. Challenges or adversities in life help us build character, and we can have a better understanding of ourselves as individuals. We can better identify our strengths and weaknesses when we face challenges. It is so easily evident in nature when we look at the Grand Canyons. The beautiful rock formations did not happen without the constant friction of water and dirt.
Although, I can identify myself with most of these habits, I do find that using technology is the hardiest for me personally. I tend to find that technology takes up too much time because I grow frustrated trying to get a machine to do or say something that I feel I can do much more effectively. Also, I am a very hands-on learner so it is important for me to have something tangible. I feel like technology is not. I would prefer to make a bulletin board with my students instead of creating a PowerPoint. I wish I were more adept at using technology but I do know I can improve in this area.
No comments:
Post a Comment