Friday, October 5, 2012

Thing #4

Blogging is such a great way to view other people's opinions, tutorials, topics, and all other areas of life. Commenting is a vital part of the blog, and it is very important to the blog writer. Commenting allows the writer to feel validated, and it lets them know that they are able to provide a service to the community. Commenting allows the blogger to expand on a subject, as well as invite other commenter to make comments on the comments.

I found that updating your blog is extremely vital to the blog's life. Many people begin blogs, and they do not post regularly. This pushes readers to go view other blogs because they want something to read regularly. In my own experience, I have a few blogs that I love to follow, and it is so disappointing when they only update posts every other week. Also, I found that responding to your comments is very important. This allows the readers to know that they voice matters, and also, the blogger appreciates them making a presence on the blog. Someone took time out of their busy day to read the blog, and they took even more time out of their day to make a response. This can help form a positive environment that lets people feel accepted.

I decided to read the blogs of Derek Cooke, Ashley Saunders, Monica Marshall, Daniel Lugo, and Brittany Lowen. These are all different education majors and some us are classmates so I thought it would be interesting to see what the others were posting. A couple blogs that I like to follow which pertain to education are kindergals.blogspot.com and mrsmorrowskindergarteners.blogspot.com. Both of these blogs have excellent writers which happen to be teachers. They make great posts that pertain to lesson plans, classroom management, and many other experiences as teachers. I have found them to be incredibly helpful, and most of the links they recommend are great, too.

I really like to comment on blogs that I follow so the blogger knows that people in the blogging world care. I will let a blogger know that something I found was really helpful or if I would like some more information on the topic. I commented on the above mentioned blogs because they had posts that were interesting, funny, and/or informational.

No comments:

Post a Comment